April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

More Birthday???

As Willie pointed out, you are all probably starting to wonder how long this birthday festival is going to go on.

Well, there's no end in sight.

Last night, light birthday dinner: salad with romaine, tomatoes, arugula, cucumber, olives and vinegar. Glass of cabernet. About 100 on the salad (with the olives) and 100 on the wine. Which would bring the total for the day to 910, which would be really good, except...

My step-brother and sister-in-law sent me a package. It was from 1-800-FLOWERS.com, which is where I have gotten presents for them in the past. It was not, however, flowers. No one sends me flowers anymore because everyone knows that my cat eats flowers. (For the record, if it ever comes up, though I have no idea how it would ever possibly come up, I *really* like flowers and you can send them to me, but send them to my office not my house. That way my cat won't eat them and my co-workers can be jealous.) It was from The Popcorn Factory. It had caramel corn. I thought I'd just eat a little bite, since I was still under 1000 for the day with no plans to eat more. So I ate a handfull. Then I read the label. Yikes! I think the amount I ate was about 200 calories! Yikes yikes yikes! So kick my total up to 1150 for yesterday. Blergh. It was good caramel corn though. Talk about calorie dense.

Tonight, believe it or not, I have another birthday event. Going out for happy hour in the city (Philly, not NY or Rome) with some more friends and Very Little Co-worker. I didn't know I had so many friends! We're going to a place that has a really good green salad, so I should be safe from difficult food. Though these are two friends who don't know about CR, so I will probably have one of those awkward social moments. Oh well, small price to pay.

I was starving all day yesterday post breakfast of whey berry shake, and I think it contributed to me eating more. I packed my whey berry shake in a thermos today and brought it to work. I am planning to eat it at 10 or 11 am or whatever time I get hungry, instead of the cottage cheese or egg that I usually eat at that time. I'll experiment more later, but now I just want to get my averages down from the weekend of feasting, and I suspect that the breakfast is making me hungrier all day. Or rather, it's starting me off with 200 calories that don't make me any less hungry the rest of the day.

It's a process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home