April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, November 08, 2004

If You Won't Turn To the Dark Side, Then Perhaps Your Sister Will

Yesterday morning, standing in the lobby of the Howard Johnson's Riverfront Hotel in Charleston while people were leaving the CRS Conference, I finally understood how Princess Leia must have felt when she looked up from the forest moon of Endor and saw the Death Star blow up in the sky. The new information that I have these amazing CR brothers and sisters all over the world, combined with the horror of returning to a world of people who just don't get it, caused me to feel exactly what Leia must have felt in the split second between when the Death Star blew and when her Jedi warrior princess sixth sense kicked in telling her that Luke Skywalker was okay, and would be returning soon enough to teach her cool Jedi tricks.

The CR Conference was mindblowingly amazingly amazing and I don't have time now to write about it. I think the thing that stands out most in my mind, other than the fact that my CR brothers and sisters are so brilliant and gorgeous, is that I really became aware of the difference between those who are interested in preventing the *diseases* of aging, and those who are really interested in preventing aging itself. I had an interesting exchange with one of the scientists about this, and lots of fascinating conversation with the CR brothers who are most knowledgable about life-extension. But more on that later... for now, I am back at work, having flow in on a 7:25 am flight out of Charleston and gone straight to work after being picked up by Very Skinny Mom. A zillion things to do await, and I need some protein.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home