April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Brewers Yeast Angst

Not to send everyone into a panic, but I am starting to have some questions about my brewers yeast. I am fairly certain that when I first bought the Lewis Labs kind that I like so much, I took the cannister into the office and did "modify" on my nutritional software to make all the nutrients in the program match what's on the label. They were actually better than Walford's example. But now I'm worried that I somehow screwed up the serving size so that it's coming out looking better than it is. Of course, I choose to worry about this when I am nowhere near the label so I can't find out. I do remember 16 g protein, and that's what's showing on my software for one 116 calorie serving. So I think I'm okay. I really hope so... I will be so heartbroken if my brewers yeast is not as good as I think it is. Now it's going to bug me the rest of the day.

Lunch was delicious... I popped by home for lunch (it's only three minutes away) and made up an eggwhite scramble. I stopped by the salad bar at the produce store and picked up a salad of romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, and a beet. Topped that with vinegar and olive oil. Rather zonish meal, actually. Cool. For dessert I got a latte with skim at the Panera Bread Company, taking care this time to specify NO FOAM. If you don't do that, you get a drink that is all foam, then you're likely to walk around the rest of the day with foam on your nose.

It is now really bugging me that I was right there with the breweres yeast cannister and I did not grab it to re-check the nutrition info. Can someone out there please look at their brewers yeast and tell me if I have been in delusion land for the last few weeks? Or maybe my brewers yeast is just better than yours? Lewis Labs brand. Maybe I can find the info online. However, I need to get back to work!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.vitacost.com Click on Lewis Labs for the label. This is the one we have. VSM

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your VSM is ultra-cool!!

    I know a living mortal who had the same problems with DWIDP, and who could never resolve them, before switching over to Nutribase.

    Please, no more fretting.

    Be vigilant with it & you should be able to get buy...until the eventual & inevitable transformation to NB occurs at which time you truly will have graduated to CR-princessdom level.

    spirit of the black moth

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    sorry can't help with twinlabs. just thought i'd sneak another opportunity to plug the red star nutritional yeast. i've eaten it for years with no problems.
    im so curious why cr folk discourage it. my cr friendly m.d. thought people are afraid because they think it may grow mold. he eats it like crazy, like me.
    being a live food, i keep mine in the fridge.
    i believe the numbers are quite comparible to brewers yeast.
    4 Tlbs:
    Vit B6 19 mg
    VitB12 16 mcg
    Cals: 120
    Fat 2g
    Fiber 8g
    Protein 17g

    plus it tastes like cheese. fruitgirl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home