April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Live from Very Supportive CR Brother's Computer

I'm hanging out before dinner with some awesome brothers -- VSCRB and New CR Hacker Boy Brother, and we're chatting about how wonderful this conference is. It's just been amazing. I met so many of my CR superheroes, including Michael Rae whose presentation on supplements was fantastic. I am learning so much, and actually following most of it. It's just amazing. I went grocery shopping with Brian Delanney and Kenton Mullins! All the people here are so much fun, so nice, and really beautiful. It's incredible how alive and vibrant the folks here look.

I have been way too nervous and excited to eat, so I have had eight unsalted almonds so far today. I knew this would happen, so I upped my cals last week to make up for the decrease this week. In just a little while, we're picking up Brian Delanney and hopefully some other board members after their meeting to go out to dinner. Fun fun fun!

Eating out with CR brothers and sisters is so much fun. Last night a huge group of us went out, and we all wanted our fish with nothing on it, our veggies steamed or sauteed, and everything in tiny portions. We all wanted the room to be warmer! We can squeeze tons of us in around one table cause we're so tiny! Earlier today, five of us drove to the grocery store in a pick up truck that seats three! Last night, I ate a piece of grilled tuna, Mary estimated at five or six ounes, and some steamed mixed veggies and broccoli. Glass of pinot noir... I'd say the majority of us are wine drinkers. Meeting Mary has been so awesome... it's like meeting your best friend! We feel like we know each other since we read each other all the time. This morning when I saw Dean for the first time I ran up to him and gave him a big hug before he could figure out who I was. He recovered from the shock quickly. I gave Michael Rae a big hug and said, "I feel like I know you, I've read everything you've ever written!" At least it wasn't "I carried a watermelon." When I first met Kenton he was stuck in conversation with a bunch of people, so we didn't get to chat till later. Kenton and MR look like they're about 21... I feel certain that if either of them were to visit me, I could pass them off as my little brother home on spring break from University. MR looks like my mom, Kenton looks more like my dad. Clearly, we are all related in the CR universe. Brian Delanney is extremely witty, and has been writing notes on the back of some Hegel that he's translating into Swedish. This is a group of beautiful, brilliant human beings.

Right now, VSCRB is making us all tea with broccoli extract while we're waiting to go out to dinner.

Yesterday, I had some time in the afternoon so I went out and bought some new clothes... size 0 Banana Republic pants. I never thought I'd see the day that size 0 was actually kinda big. What now? The children's dept?

I am having so much fun. It's been a rough week until now, but this conference is taking my mind off the horrors and focusing me on the long term.

And CR Hacker Boy Bro told Brian about my fundraising dreams... stay tuned!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm waiting for the movie--- CR Superheroes Attack the Obesity Machine. Animated with voice overs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home