April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Creative Eating on the Road

On the road, running from hither to thither and back. Breakfast at the Woodlands is free, and I had an eggwhite scramble, just like home! They make it to order for you an will make it with cooking spray instead of the loads of butter they put in the pan for regular people, if you ask. The omlet man was very helpful. Also had about three ounces of tomato juice and four small melon balls from the fruit bowl.

After running around all morning, I was starving for lunch but with no good options in sight. Finally, giving up on finding a Subway, I stopped in at the Kings China Buffet, hoping for at least a salad bar and maybe some steamed shrimp. No steamed shrimp, but they had sushi! So I had some avocado rolls as well as a California roll and a couple of seaweed rolls. Quite good. A little higher on cals that I usually would have for lunch, considering the rice, but not too bad for on the road. I also had a big plate of steamed broccoli with nothing on it and some interesting Chinese fruits that I couldn't name. Some were orange and some were white. They had the texture of melon but were served in little hollowed out balls, like they had at one point perhaps had pits. Very interesting. I thought some fruit variety might do me good. As I was leaving, I got some hot tea to go. I know it's unbecoming to complain about the weather in Northeast PA when lots of CR people live in colder places, but it's really cold here and I want to carry a cup of hot water with me at all times. I am starting to wear layers all the time, which is made easier by the fact that all my clothes are too big. I'm wearing a sweater under my dress right now, and it makes the dress almost look like it fits. I NEED TO GO SHOPPING! But no time... work is all-consuming.

Gotta run...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger D said…

    I believe the white fruit you were refering to are lychee and they do have big pits.
    have a good one!
    D

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    more seafood?

    you seem to be munching a good deal of that ~ watch that MERCURY level, Lil' Missy!

    spirit of the black moth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home