April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Not A Good Breakfast

Well, bloggiefriends, I've been lamenting lately that I have fallen back into my old, pre-CR ways of skipping breakfast. I regret to report that while I remedied that today, I did not do so in a way that was positive.

There aren't a lot of options in suburban Pittsburgh in the pre-dawn hours, and I'm getting ready to drive the long road back to Philly. Yes, I am driving early in the morning. I am at my most alert as soon as I wake up, so I like to get up an go. But I was hungry, super hungry, so I thought, I'll find something to eat for breakfast.

Ugh. Vending machine, not even a granola bar. So I ate a pop tart.

Yes, a pop tart. Well, two, both of the ones in the package.

Not a great choice. The nutrition info on the back, which I should have read before eating it, said that I just ate 450 calories.

This is not going to be a good CR day. Tonight I have the office holiday part, at a really nice restaurant. Then Friday I fly off to my father's for our Christmas tradition weekend: Friday night we have a champagne party with the wine and classical music class he teaches (that will be fun -- I'm going to wear a fabulous black dress and be very happy about being 104 instead of 137.)

Wow, 450 calories of anti-nutrition. That is just shocking.

Well, on we go.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I've just discovered your blog recently and I think it's quite inspiring. I've been trying to practice CRON since 1997 while I was in college but I can't seem to keep it up. It's hard when everybody's been having beer and pizza! The worse thing is that I really like those stuff. I've had some success throughout the years though, Sherm's Megamuffin has been a staple in my diet for several years now, and I managed to keep my weight to a healthy 145 lbs. (I'm 5' 8"). I'm probably in a very mild form of CRON for over seven years now. I know how some people feel about "moderation," but I think, for different reasons, that's the best that most people can do (poor excuse but that's just the way it is). Website like yours, Dean's, and the CR Society are instrumental in at least keeping me (and I'm sure others like myself) on the right direction. So, thank you. I hope you keep doing what you do.

    Regards,
    Al G.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    april,

    please forgive me if i am out of line. i travel alot so regularly restock plenty of nutrient dense food in my car trunk to insure cron joy at all times and places no matter what. apples, nuts, cans of tuna....it changes.

    many years ago kind folk accused me of the a word. since then i tell no one my weight, my clothes size or what i do or do not eat. unless certain one is cronish i do not engage at all. even then only if pestered into it. its as personal as sex.

    well perhaps my doctor who is certainly cron friendly.
    and quite attractive.

    i also lose the weight with a subtleness that you'd miss it if not adept. but steady.

    one of your cron sisters

     

Post a Comment

<< Home