April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Long, Long December

From Alana Davis, "Free." If you don't own her album, "Blame It On Me," you should run out and purchase it right now. Especially if the record stores are still open in your time zone. Go go go, go buy it now.

What I ate today:

Lunch:

black bean soup -- April's easy recipe. 1 cup free range organic chicken broth, two cans black beans, about a fourth a cup of pickled jalepenos chopped. It's delicious.

salad of romaine, tomatoes, and red pepper, with fat free Italian dressing

Dinner:

Cooked for non-CR'd dinner company. Well, I always cook for non-CR'd dinner company, as I know no one CR'd who lives nearby.

red pepper, tomatoes, basil, and feta, sauteed in 1 teaspoon olive oil with about 2 oz feta cheese and 1/4 cup of red wine. I usually make this dish as stuffed peppers: peppers stuffed with tomato, basil and feta, or goat cheese, but this time I was short on time and couldn't allow the time to bake the peppers (45 mins) So I ran home from working on an important project to cook dinner, and threw it all together in the wok.

another cup of the black bean soup from lunch

2 slices sourdough bread with hummus (Trader Joe's)

2 glasses of red wine. You would have had 2 glasses too, if you had the day I had. Well, maybe your day was even worse. But if you read CR Comm, you'll see just how bad.

Okay, wow, in the time it took me to write this entry, I just got so many supportive emails from my CR brothers and sisters that I am feeling so much better! Thanks, CR siblings!

I did have a rather high carb day today though... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home