April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Well, I Put Garlic Powder in the Cottage Cheese

It's day three of my week-before-my-CR-birthday perfect CR week, and I'm starting to worry about how I'm going to entertain you when I'm eating the same thing every day. Clearly, it's time for a big round of philosophy, but I haven't had time to write anything brilliant yet, so you'll have to be content with minute details of what I am eating.

I moved breakfast back to six thirty am, an hour after taking my morning supplements. I put some fresh lime juice in my water. I added some garlic powder to the cottage cheese. I continue to adore my lunchtime kale salad, complete with olive and flax oil and red wine vinegar. I may go out with some friends for coffee tonight, in which case I'll have my cafe au lait with skim as an evening snack (I'll make it a decaf) instead of an afternoon snack. Then I'll put my 10 g of hazelnuts in a plastic baggie to eat with the latte.

Wow, even I am getting bored. I promise my diet will get exciting again soon. It's just so easy to keep calories low and nutrition high when I stick to the familliar basics.

Okay, okay, I'm giving CR a bad name by being so boring. I'll write some philosophy soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    hardly boring. what you're doing is cron at its ultimate: steady. without the dips and peaks. i love it.

    last night i finally cooked the cottage cheese into the eggwhites. i do not recommend it. heavy and the whey separated.

    not to start anything, but what do you think is THE most ND food combo?

    for me, it is a blended smoothie of dark leafy greens (kale, amaranth, parsley, spinach etc.) flax seeds, dulse, raw almonds, lemon, and an apple, pear or blueberries. finely blending greens helps for complete assimilation. nutrient asorbtion will begin literally in the mouth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home