April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, March 21, 2005

The Week of My First CR Birthday

Well, this Saturday, March 26, it will be the one year anniversary of the day I started CR.

A lot has changed since then!

In preparation for this occasion, I'm having a special CR detox week. I've distilled my basic CR diet down to my favorite elements, creating a daily diet that is almost perfect in nutrition, easy to make, and delicious to eat. I started yesterday, and I'm planning to stick with it until Friday when I fly off to Calgary.

Here it is. It will look familliar:

pre-breakfast:
1.5 oz cranberry grape juice with strontium and creatine

breakfast:
1 cup eggwhites scrambled 125
1 teaspoon flax oil 40

lunch:
100 g raw kale 50
1/2 tablespoon flax oil 60
1/2 tablespoon olive oil 60
1 cup cottage cheese 160

afternoon snack:
cafe au lait with skim milk 80
10 g hazelnuts

dinner:
1/2 bag of frozen cauliflower, carrots and broccoli 75
2 cups free range organic chicken broth 30
2 tablespoons brewers yeast 160
1 teaspoon olive oil 40
calcium chewy 20

total: 1001
Over 100% of RDAs of everything except: 50% iron, 40% zinc, 49% panto acid.
P:F:C = 49:32:19

Now some of you are asking: this is not Zoned, this is Atkins induction. It's under 20% carb.

True, but also not true. It's not Atkins induction per meal: breakfast has almost no carbs, lunch is not Atkins. This is not a ketogenic diet, at least I don't think it is.

What's up with me abandoning the Zone idea?

For now, I am more concerned with total mental focus than with Zoning, and the more protein I get and fewer carbs, the better my focus. Note that I am doing well on fat, as well as on Omega 3/6 balance.

It's on the low end of calories for me, but I'm washing out stress and anxiety, and going a little low for awhile always helps that. I want to be in perfect health on my CR birthday. Yea!

Next week when I'm in Calgary, I'm going up to 1100 so that I don't get too hungry. 1100 is a good average for me, and if I'm not going out as much, I may as well go up on normal days. MR and I figured out that we have to add lots of brewers yeast to what I eat when I'm with him because I don't get enough nutrients by just eating half what he eats. And I want to eat his delicious food! But he doesn't want to kill me by depriving me of nutrients, so we'll throw in some brewers yeast.

So far so good... I'm in day two and feeling fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home