April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

All That Zinc

Last night after the New York CR Society meeting, I met my college roommate for dinner. We went to an amazing seafood place called the Aqua Grill. It was worth the wait to get a table. I had never had oysters, except for in a seafood stew, but my old roomie loves them, so we ordered fourteen, seven different kinds, and had one of each. Wow! They were amazing! I loved them! I knew that MR had said oysters were good for zinc, so I couldn't wait to get back to my DWIDP to find out exactly how much those oysters would rock out my nutrition for the day. 761% of the RDA for zinc!!! In only 67 calories! Wow. I love oysters. I just asked MR if I should skip my zinc supplement for a day or so... or if I should eat an oyster every day. The entire meal was delicious. After the oysters, I had a heavenly Manhattan Clam Chowder. My roomie, who knows how to order wine, picked us out a pinot noir. I was very impressed with her wine ordering skills until she told me that she had just picked it because it was called Ramsey and her old friend Ramsey had called her earlier in the day. So much for fancy wine skills. Thanks for a great dinner, college roomie!!! All that zinc!

The New York CR Society meeting was tons of fun. I rode the New Jersey Transit train up with the Brother from Haddonfield, whom I hadn't seen in awhile. It was great to catch up. I got to see Paul and Meredith, who now have some competition for the title of cutest CR couple. Everyone wanted to know what Aubrey de Grey is really like in person (answer: he's so much fun!!!) and what MR thinks about this and that. We were also joined by some new CR practitioners who were lots of fun to chat with. It's wonderful to see our numbers increasing. We met at an excellent health foods store called Lifethyme. It was quite a struggle to resist the raw food vegan concotions in the deli case, including giant pizza pie like objects with all kinds of greens and nuts. But knowing that I had fancy dinner plans, I resisted and had two cups of green tea instead.

Back home now and searching for biotech companies that want to be corporate sponsors of the M Prize, but don't yet know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home