April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

When It Almost Seemed Too Much

Line from the Thompson Twins song I was listening to this morning on my way into work. Found a tape copy of an old boyfriend's Greenpeace Rainbow Warriors CD in about 1992. Remember those? They were great! One thing you get in my blog, along with info about what I ate, is a lot of eighties music.

Was having hungry morning as I often do when I'm under 800 cals the day before. Had already had my whey shake before leaving home, then just now ate my eggwhite scramble 140 cals, 27 g protein, followed by a lowfat cottage cheese, 90 cals, 11 g protein, for a total of 390 cals and 66 g protein. Very satisfied and happy now. And already mostly there on my protein goal. Very un-zone to get my protein all in the morning, but it will have to do.

Now I can concentrate on vegetables for the rest of the day, and my cute little kiwi that's sitting on top of the fridge. Do you remember during the height of the high carb low fat craze when there will a million frozen yougurt shops, and they had fat free kiwi frozen yougurt? I loved that stuff! Talk about high carb darkness!

I've gotten a few questions about how I have time to write as much as I do. The main reason is that I write most of the entries in my head while I'm driving or walking or out at social events with boring people or doing something other than sitting at my computer. Therefore, I can quickly spit out an entry as soon as I get to the computer. I have a somewhat audiographic memory, meaning that I can memorize anything I hear. It seems to extend to what I read, but not to what I see. For example, I can memorize long strings of text, even text that I don't understand, no doubt due to the many late nights when I was a small child when my mother tried to get me to sleep by teaching me to memorize ancient church creeds and prayers. (My mom was a New Testament PhD, hence the Christian stuff, but now she's a Library and Information Science Professor, specializing in Information Ethics.) She thought she'd bore me to sleep. She just taught me to memorize. Though I can memorize text and things I hear, as well as obscure dates, I have trouble remembering things like what people look like. I'm more likely to remember your phone number than your face. The point being that I have the entry already written before I am even near the computer. And I type really, really fast. Each entry takes about fifteen minutes to spit out. Twenty on the really long, intesnse ones. Five on the short updates after lunch. But the time I spend thinking about it away from my computer... almost infinite. Between my long drives sitting in traffic, my regularly scheduled insomnia attacks, and my pleasant four miles walks, I have a lot of thinking time that can't be used productively for anything other than juggling calories counts!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Willie said…

    Ha, ha, ha... How crazy you are, always surprising us!

    And really you are determined to eat tons of protein!

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    i'll take my frozen yogurt chocolate, thank you.
    no need to waste a good kiwi, or heaven forbid
    a good frozen yogurt splurge. actually we never
    had that flavor here. but we do have plenty of "alternative" frozen soft serves. carbo lite, fat free, sugar free. 9 cals per oz.

    i indulge quite often actually. ok, now i gotta look up the protein....that shop may just be on my route today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home