April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

How April Got Her Zen Back

Good morning, bloggiefriends,

Again, a super warm welcome to all my new readers! I hope you're having as much fun as I am.


Yesterday was a crazy day at work, with tons of stuff thrown at us at the last minute, and I stayed later than I had planned. Luckily, I had some mega veg soup left in the fridge (mega veg soup = collards, kale, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower all in vegan veggie broth with a touch of cabernet vinegar, dried basil and dried oregano for 216.7 calories in my standard tupperware.) I ate the mega veg before leaving for home, drove my hour home (I am moving to about three miles from the office in September, thank heaven!) and was completely exhausted having been up since 2:30 am. So I drank my little glass of red wine, made up some "I'm too tired to stand up much longer" vegetable soup to bring to work today (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots from a frozen veggie bag in Imagine organic mushroom soup, 135 cals per appropriate tupperware size serving, 3 g protein or maybe more), and went to sleep. Slept till 5 am which is quite acceptable late sleeping for me, listened to the BBC while drinking my whey shake and cooking my eggwhite scramble. (My local NPR station has the BBC from 4 - 6 am and I am somewhat addicted to it.) Yesterday's cals were only 741, but I think it was okay. I'd been over so many times last week with the Birthday Festival, and I was starting to feel my CR inspired Zen calm happy feeling slipping away. I need my Zen, and this morning I definitely had it back! Yea! Sometimes the low calorie levels seem to work like a drug, making me feel calm and mildly ecstatic. I have referred to this in previous posts. While I don't want to lose weight too fast, I also don't want to give up my newfound Zen. Have to strike a balance.

Today is a super busy day with three meetings in the mid-day, afternoon and evening at a hotel about 40 minutes from my office. The good thing is that there's a Ruby Tuesday's with a great salad bar next door, so I may be able to pop in for a giant salad between meetings. They also have this cheap Heinz salad vinegar that I love, though it is somewhat embarassing to admit that. I packed: eggwhite scramble, too-exhausted-to-stand-up veg soup, and I still have the tofu in the office fridge. Probably will eat the eggwhite and veg soup before leaving for first meeting, will save the tofu for tomorrow when I will be in the office in the afternoon.

I may put oil on my salad today. I need to eat more fat. It's a struggle.


May not be able to write again until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home