April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

When You Encounter that Raw Bar at the Beach, Think Twice

Especially for people with liver disease.

This has nothing to do with me, it's just on the hold recording at a hospital where I'm waiting to talk to a nurse. (I work with nurses, so I talk to them all the time, I'm not sick.) I just thought it was a funny line, and you know it's not easy to come up with entertaining headlines every day! Even in my ad lib days, I would never have been interested in a raw bar. Unless it was a raw vegetables bar, of course.

Lunch went exactly according to plan, bringing up my cal total to 290 at that point with 30 grams of protein. Then I just ate my cottage cheese for 90 cals and 11 grams of protein, so we're at 380 cals and 41 grams of protein for the day so far. I am currently brewing some nice green tea.

A warm welcome to all of our new readers... traffic is good. I am wondering if all the CR Society inside baseball is confusing. Of course, most of our non-CR Society readers are organizers, so figuring out what people are talking about from very few and obscure details is part of our job. Maybe I'll work on an faq to post, to answer questions like "Who's MR, and what's he got against low fat diets? Who's Dean, and why do we want to make a pilgrimage to Pittsburgh so we can try his famous salad? What's up with the Zone?"

Thanks for all the thoughts on the whey shake. Not sure what brand I'm putting in there... I might try the banana idea. However, I don't mind drinking it with a straw.

Gotta get back to work... very busy night. Just gave VLC (Very Little Co-Worker) my extra cottage cheese pack since she's here working with me till late tonight. She was eating a tomato and a kiwi. She's so good. I must purchase a kiwi. Same seed problem as the berries though.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home