April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Back to the Straight and Narrow

Yea! I am alive again!

I just bought eggwhites.

The last few days have been so crazy with the move that I've been eating more CR than CRON. The amazing thing is that my zen has held up... under all the stress, I still feel pretty good. Yesterday I had to unload and load boxes in the rain most of the day, and I still managed to feel fairly good about the world. That's CR working in my life.

Yes, I think I can function again. Got some sleep last night (the screaming cat decided to take a short break from screaming) and went to the wonderful grocery store around the corner and bought food! Eggwhites, a kind of plain yogurt that has 40 percent of the RDA of calcium in 120 calories that I'm going to make an Indian type of sauce out of and eat all next week, skim milk, veggies! I am so happy. The grocery store near me is so good.

Today will be:

eggwhite scramble: 140 cals, 29 g protein
yogurt thing: 120 cals, not sure on the protein but I'll report later
grape nuts: 200 cals, don't knock them until you try them
broccoli steamed (good sale on crowns thereof)
salad: romaine, tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, celery, carrots
full fat dressing: I bought some kinds that look good that are made with olive or canola oil, which Sears says is good, don't eat soy oil, please don't shatter my illusions if these are bad until I've finished the bottles.

Tomorrow I'm having the entire office over for lunch! This is my clever way to make them move some boxes and to get my best friend Lisa (the one who is getting married) to put together my bed. It's from Ikea, and you need to either be a civil engineer or Sweedish or both to figure out how it works. She put it together for me four years ago and if she doesn't do it again, I'll be sleeping on a futon mattress on the floor for the next four years. I guess I could always call my friend who is a civil engineer for the city... he did his master's thesis on the Ben Franklin Bridge, and this bed has more in common with a suspension bridge than with any normal furniture item in terms of construction. It's not even a fancy bed, it's just a queen sized futon bed. Silly Ikea.

So lunch for work crew is:

Middle Eastern platter on my gorgeous Williams Sonoma platter to include: grape leaves and hummus, served with good fresh bread, celery and carrots (VLC will want the celery and carrots, she is a goddess.)

Black bean soup, CR friendly, with super spicy peppers and the yogurt sauce on the side

big big salad of romaine, tomato, red pepper, celery, carrots, and all those good salad dressings

Sounds good, eh? They'll work for it, that's for sure.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From MaryRose, the cat. VLC is very little co-worker, I've heard of her from my AprilMommy. I get to meet her on Monday, when she comes to help Mommy. She is very tiny and cute--genetics and good eating. She loves Hello Kitty, and I know she will love me. MaryRose, loving kitty of AprilCR.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home