April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Very Big Lunch

Wow, I was hungry today! Not surprising, as my weight was down to 106.5 this morning. I notice that sometimes I am a little hungrier when I am losing weight. This could be all in my head though.

I ate my eggwhites for breakfast, (140 cals, 29 g protein) and was feeling super hungry at lunch time, so when one of my co-workers said she was grabbing Subway for lunch, I ordered my favorite 180 calorie item, an Atkins veggie wrap. The wrap is low carb, has some fiber, and contains a ton of veggies. I ate that, along with the cottage cheese I brought into work today. I got a different brand, Light and Lively Fat Free, which has 12 g protein per 80 calorie serving, and 20% of the RDA of calcium. I actually ate the entire 3.5 servings in the container, with some Tabasco on top, so it was a total of 280 calories, 36 g protein (already at protein target for today -- 65 g!) and 70% of the RDA of calcium. Pretty good! So far for today I am at 600 calories, and I feel very satisfied.

Tonight I'm having my mother over for dinner and I think I'll just cook up a veggie feast. Since I'm already at protein target and almost there on calcium, I can focus on the cruciferous creatures that I didn't get at lunch.

I am feeling much better about the social struggles, mostly thanks to all the supportive email I've gotten. Thanks guys!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm, we Texans have been known to toss a little Tabasco on our eggs on occasion, but COTTAGE CHEESE !?? alright, why not, I'll try it ~ definitely a novelty item candidate!

    Yah, I totally hear yah on the weight loss ... I'm typically not hungry, but those weight loss days seem to align perfectly with bouts of tummy-torture combined with low-energy ‘lackadaisicality.’

    kenton

     

Post a Comment

<< Home