April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

This Is What It Takes

Line from a song on my new mix tape... the song is "I Don't Wanna Wait Anymore" by the Tubes. I am coming to terms with the fact that my new mix tape is almost unbearably cheesy, and I love it, but I would be really mortified if anyone else ever listened to it. In addition to two songs by Chicago and two songs by Amy Grant, it contains the Throne Room march song from Star Wars, yes, the one where Princess Leia awards Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Chewie their medals.

The title of the post is chosen because I'm trying the not eating at night thing now, and I'm actually hungry! If you've been following the blog for long, you know that usually when I'm hungry, I eat, and I usually manage to stay at or just over target, as long as I focus on my Optimal Nutrition. But now I'm hungry! And that's okay! I'm experimenting tonight because I may end up going out for dinner tomorrow night so I don't want to try it then, and if I go a little under target today it will be good in case I go a little over tomorrow. I'm just back from a long journey for work in which I listened to my new tape over and over again, and I'm also finding it helpful to replay Paul's speech re: 18 hour a day fasting in my head, the part where he says, "I'm hungry now! And that's okay!"

I'm not really doing the 18 hour fasting, though, I'm mostly trying to get a handle on the late night eating silliness that has plagued me off and on. I think I will sleep better and feel better tomorrow if I go under target today and have awhile to let my stomach empty out. I may still have my glass of wine before bed... it was so extraordinarily pleasant last night to cuddle up in bed with a great CR article and a nice glass of red wine, I may just have to do it again. That would ruin the fasting effect, but I'm not necessarily going for that, I'm just going for not having actual food at night.

Today I already said that I ate eggwhites for breakfast (140), then I ended up grabbing a big salad before leaving for my meetings. About 120 of cottage cheese on the salad, along with about 100 of olives, about 50 of tomatoes, about 20 of lettuce, about 50 of broccoli, about 20 of beets, about 50 of grated romano cheese, and about 150 of mixed fruits including a little pineapple, strawberry and honeydew. Add to that olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and you've got about 720. If I drink a Walford pour of wine, I'll be at 800.

Don't worry that I'm eating only 800, just go back and look at the last week and see how many times I went over target, sometimes significantly. I am also most likely having a big dinner tomorrow, so it will all average out. I was up a pound today, if I go down too fast I'll eat more. I will feel better once I get a handle on the late night eating thing, and this I think will help me do that.

Meanwhile, Kenton just turned 38! Happy birthday Kenton!!! I guess your twin brother is also 38 now... happy birthday to him too!

I gotta go home and get some rest before heading back to the races tomorrow. Run run run... the organizer bunny... it just keeps going and going and going and going...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home