April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

You Can Look Inside Another World

Line from one of my favorite songs of all time, "She's A Beauty" by the great 1980's band The Tubes. I made myself a new mix tape last night to take with me when I'm driving all over creation over the next few weeks, and that's the second song. I also put a lot of the songs I've referred to in the blog on the tape.

Last night after I wrote I accidentally spilled a small portion of a glass of wine on my mother's keyboard, and now her computer is fine except that it won't type a 2. That's a bit of an issue... how much can you write when you can't write a 2? All of my email IDs include 2's, so I now can't do anything on my mom's computer. She's going to get it fixed, but of course I felt terrible about hurting her little computer. I think it liked the wine though... a German wine that she brought back from her recent trip. Rather dry. Yum.

While at my mom's I ate two matzoh pieces (90 each) with hummus and vidalia onion relish (another 100 if one is slightly overestimating just to be on the safe side.) So that was about a 300 calorie meal, plus about 75 in the wine I actually drank as opposed to pouring on the computer. Not the greatest investment of calories, but not terrible considering how light my day had been.

It does make me think however that this experiment of refusing to eat at all at night might really work for me. It seems like all my problematic eating occurs at night. If I jam my calories into the earlier part of the day, then I am usually satisfied later. What happens all too often though is that I eat little during the day and then by night am ravenous. I sleep so much better when I don't eat at night and I feel energetic and well, light, when I wake up. I think I might try it tonight. I am driving a long way for a meeting then driving a long way back, so I won't be in social eating situations. I ate eggwhites for breakfast as usual, though of course I was feeling full from last night so I wasn't as hungry as I would like to be.

I want to write about why it is that I chose the headline I chose, but I don't have time.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home