April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, January 03, 2005

This Looks Gross, But Is Actually Quite Delicious

One of my co-workers expressed concern when she saw me eating my newest calcium-delivery vehicle, plain yogurt with Trader Joe's salsa verde. It does look rather disgusting, but it's really, really yummy! The problem is, the salsa verde turns the yogurt a rather unappetizing shade of green. I definitely won't be serving it at any dinner parties, but considering that it delivers 30% of the RDA of calcium and 12 g protein all in 130 calories, it's well worth it. And I really like the taste.

Today's other nutrition-delivery vehicles included:

1 cup eggwhites, just a little salt and pepper on top -- 140
leftover vegetable tray soup -- right around 200
latte with skim -- 80

550 so far for today. 49 g protein.

I'm starting to be convinced that the protein drug is the ultimate mood fixer for me. It's truly incredible... it really doesn't matter what is actually happening around me: if I eat lots of protein, I'm happy. If I eat too little, I'm not. It's a simple formula. Does anyone else feel that way? Maybe Mrs. Atkins would give us a grant to study this?

Not sure what I'll have for dinner... tonight may be a much needed quiet evening at home, great for catching up on my reading. I bought a copy of Ray Kurzweil's new book, _Fantastic Voyage_. Not only is he a fellow contributor to the M Prize (that's www.mprize.org for those of you who have been living under a rock for the last month) he is also the person who first informed me about CR, via his old book _The 10% Solution_.

Speaking of the M Prize, congratulations to the two newest CR members of the Three Hundred, Kenton and Khurram! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home