April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Vegetable Tray Soup

Ah, leftovers. I have leftover vegetables from the New Year's Eve vegetable tray, so tonight I'm going to chop them all up and put them into my brewers yeast soup. In answer to the brewers yeast question: I love comments and questions, keep them coming! It's nice to know people are reading. I use brewers yeast because it does this magic thing when I enter it into my DWIDP -- it pushes almost all my RDA's up above 100%. And I really like it in soups. It also has a lot of protein and is very low calorie for all you get from it.

Okay, I still have a ton of work to do and tomorrow I have to go back to work at my current, soon to be former job, so I'd better go get as much done on other stuff as I can.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thanks for answering that! One last question -- I saw Lewis Labs Brewer's Yeast and another product by them called Brewer's Yeast BUDS which claims to taste even better...which do you use? I'm not too worried about hating the taste, I used to like nutritional yeast back when I was vegan years ago. Just wondered if you had a preference.

    I've a tendency to eat vegetarian by preference even though I'm not one anymore, but I'm always low on protein and am thinking this would be a great way to sneak some into my veggie soups and things.

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello April,
    I have been following your blogs now for quite some time and they give me inspriation to keep up my own CRON diary. Thank you !!
    I do have a question, which I posted on Mary's blog, but have not yet gotten a response. Here goes:
    She has 1300 calories in the "calories needed" section of her software. Would you know where she got this number or how to calculate the number of calories needed if you dont want to lose weight too fast??
    Thanks for all your inspiration

     

Post a Comment

<< Home