April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Yes, Dunkin Donuts Coffee Is Bad

I knew the debate would be ignited. It's just after nine am and I've already been told that Dunkin Donuts coffee is good coffee.

No, it's not. The only reason why people like it is that the employees fix it with cream and sugar before they hand it to you. They put in amounts of both cream (or milk, but I assure you, it's not skim) and sugar that almost no one would put in their coffee by choice. So when you get it, it's like a dessert. I drank it every morning pre-CR, and usually with a seseme bagel toasted with vegetable cream cheese. No wonder I felt so dramatically better when I started CR! Can you imagine?

So anyway, if you like Dunkin Donuts coffee, I apologize if I've offended you. Taste is, of course, a matter of taste. Ever since I started CR, I've found myself mixed up in about a zillion arguments that boil down to that concept. But try this experiment: drink Dunkin Donuts coffee black, with nothing in it. Do you still think it's good coffee?

I'm off to get real coffee. More soon. I haven't eaten anything yet today so there's no food to talk about. I will, however, most likely be eating an eggwhite scramble with salsa for breakfast, and I'll do my DWIDP on yesterday when I get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home