April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Far Too Many Notes For My Taste, And Most of Them About Christine

That's a line from _The Phantom of the Opera_, which my mother and I went out to see tonight. There's a scene in which several of the characters rush onto the stage carrying notes written to them by the Phantom, and they're all accusing each other of writing the notes. There's a great deal of misunderstanding and confusion. It's a funny scene, and several of you will see why I found it particularly amusing at this particular point. I used to love the soundtrack to that musical when it first came out, round about when I was in seventh grade. I desperately wanted to see it on stage and never could, but I still remember all the words to all the music. I used to sing along with my old tape of the original cast recording, and as I was listening to it in the movie theatre I actually found myself wanting to sing again. For years I've said that I absolutely do not sing. How could one not want to sing along to that loud, bangy organ music? The end was so sad though... they didn't do a good job of making the count very appealing, so I kept cheering for the Phantom.

Today was a good CR Christmas: eggwhites over spinach with tomato and basil on top for breakfast/brunch, a cup of fat free yougurt mixed with salsa verde as an afternoon snack, leftover turkey with mustard and a green apple for dinner, and I'll have a glass of red wine and a snack of some walnuts when I get home. I'm too tired to do my DWIDP now, but I'll do it in the morning. I'm sure I was within my calorie target, and while some things will come up low because I didn't eat my brewers yeast, the protein should be very good. The only bad thing was that Dunkin Donuts was the only open coffee place, so I got the coffee there with milk and sugar. I drink good coffee black, no sugar, but bad coffee I sometimes have to fix up a bit.

"Christine Daae can sing it, sir." "A chorus girl?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home