April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, December 31, 2004

The Sound of One Cat Eating a de Grey Article

As anyone who has been following the blog for awhile knows, one of my favorite things to do is to curl up in bed with a glass of wine, one of Aubrey de Grey's articles (you can get your own at http://www.gen.cam.ac.uk/sens/) and my cat. The danger of this practice is that my cat eats paper, so on the rare occasion when I fall asleep while reading and fail to hide the article, I tend find the article in shreds when I wake up.

Last night was one of those nights when I fell asleep reading (don't be offended, Aubrey... I was really, really exhausted, it wasn't you!) and sure enough, at about 1 in the morning, I was awakened by the sound of my cat systematically shredding the article. Delicious. So I had to get up, remove the article from the kitty claws, and hide it.

I'm sorry I haven't been providing much food related content, but at the moment I don't have much time to catch up. The last four days have been on the low end calorie wise, but I've been keeping up my protein pretty well. I went out for lunch with a friend yesterday and was shocked to discover that I was completely uninterested in the bread basket. Junkie carbs losing their attraction? If that's not a sign of the armageddon, then I don't know what is.

I'm throwing a New Year's Eve party tonight, and I have to go home and get things ready. It's an early party -- I have this strategy where I avoid having to stay out late by throwing my own party from 5 pm - 9 pm. Then people who want to ring in the New Year at midnight can go on to some other party and I can go to sleep. I'm a funny kind of insomniac... I don' t have any trouble falling asleep at night. I like to go to bed early if I'm not doing anything important. I just wake up very very early, and combined with my CR induced need for less sleep, this seems to translate into sleeping from 10 pm until 3 or 4 am on a regular basis.

So I should be back to work on the computer at around 3:30 this morning, right when people are finally leaving their New Year's parties to go home and sleep till noon. For me, sleeping till 6:30 am feels like missing a large part of the day. I get my most productive writing time in the early hours of the morning, and I'd have to admit, I enjoy being an early riser.

Okay, I've gotta go prepare for zillions of people to come over expecting food, drink, and a friendly cat.

Happy New Year, bloggiefriends. Here's to hundreds more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home