April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Is It Boring When I Eat Well?

I very clearly remember the exact moment when I first read "RANT: Moderate CR." I was doing some random archive searching (a bit of an obsession in those days) and I stumbled across it quite by accident.

Immediately after I read it, I started to write a blog entry entitled, "This blog is about to get very boring." I never published it, in fact I barely even started it. It's still there, way back, saved as a draft. But I realized that in order to get the maximum benefits from CR, I had a long, long way to go in terms of changing my diet and lowering my calories.

Months of fun, frustration, silly mistakes, and trips to Whole Foods later, I've finally come up with some basics that work for me to get my ON without eating too many calories. You know them well: eggwhites, brewers yeast, yogurt, vegetables of all kinds, skim milk, etc. On days when I eat really well, there's just not much to tell. Yesterday was one of those days. I ate well, enjoyed my food, even served dinner to CR friendly dinner company. So I guess I'll tell you about it, but I'm warning you, you've seen me eat these things before.

eggwhites with Goya brand salsa verde -- 150
pint grape tomatoes -- 90
yogurt concoction: 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt (thank you Fruitgirl for teaching me the wonders of that product!!!) mixed with salsa verde -- 130
iced latte with skim -- 80
spinach salad with grape tomatoes and the ginger pear dressing that VLC gave me for Christmas -- 50 ish, not completely sure, dressing was only 10 cals, but not sure the exact weight of the spinach
brewers yeast soup: half a bag of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, mixed into two cups of organic free range chicken broth with two tablespoons Lewis Labs brand brewers yeast: 221
glass of red wine -- 100
just under one fourth cup of walnuts, little pieces -- 200

1011. Did I add that right? I did it without a calculator, always a mistake.

Boring to read about, but delicious to eat. So I'm still tacking on nuts at the end of the night to fight my lowfat tendencies... I've come a long way from the old days!

If I keep doing well, will you keep reading me? Is it still interesting when I eat basically the same thing every day?

Well, I hope you keep reading me, because while my eating may be settling into a routine, the rest of my life is about to change dramatically.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    sister,
    if i were looking for drama i'd rent a dvd. i read
    you for the steady and stable. you can't post eggwhites,
    veggies, yogurt, yeast and skim milk too much for me.
    we're ON you side. we hurl eachother foreward in our success.
    so glad your mom got on board....no more bringing jujubees, yeah. fruitgirl

    let's have the best cron year ever!!!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    p.s. are you getting married? moving to calif?????
    yeahh move to berkeley!!!

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi again!

    its not so boring, your menus are similar to mine, with the exception of the brewers and egg whites.

    I lean a little towards a fruitarian intake most of the time, but I do eat alot of organic fat-free yogurts, and occasional grass-fed beef products.

    good luck with your new life changes!

    S.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please write to you blog. I'm in April blog withdrawal.
    VSM

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    hello? hello?

    ok. NOW it's maybe a little boring!

    did she run off to france to become a supermodel?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home