April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Bride Loves Peeps!

You know those disgusting marshmellow candies that they sell at Easter? Well, my friend Lisa, who is getting married next week, loves them. So I brought a couple of boxes to tonight's bachelorette party.

We ordered Thai take-out, and I shared a yellow curried vegetables with shrimp with another bridesmaid, along with steamed vegetable dumplings and a papaya salad. Pretty good. I also ate a steamed vegetable spring roll. Everyone liked the raspberry vodka and diet coke drink I brought... low-ish on the carbs, but still festive for the party. Tons of fun.

The girls are downstairs watching movies, but I'm already hours past my bedtime so they let me come upstairs to a guest bedroom where I will be sleeping with the new kitten. The new kitten is really cute and a bit shy, but seems to like me. I think he will be a tall cat... big ears already, at five months. He likes to attack the large fern plant they have hanging in the bedroom. They put me in a room with internet access, so of course I am taking advantage of the opportunity to blog.

I also ate a S'more, and I'm figuring that the carb spike will make me feel weird in the morning. And get this -- after blogging about it, I forgot the eggwhites! I feel terrible! One of the other bridesmaids was counting on me to be the eggwhite bearer, and I failed! I may eat one regular egg for brunch tomorrow, but then I can go home and eat either eggwhites or cottage cheese. I'd have to admit that after being out so much as of late, I long for my boring old eggwhites, brewers yeast, and cottage cheese. And flax oil. Oh who am I kidding, I want my megamuffins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home