April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Nice Salad

Yesterday was a hungry day, no doubt due to the small amounts of food I ate the day before. No breakfast (sorry, whey) but lunch was a salad with romaine, five olives, a teaspoon of full fat dressing (60), three small drops of cheese, tons of grape tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers. Side of fruit salad with pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, grapes. Cup of corn chickpea soup, a little protein, not lowfat. I'd estimate that lunch alone was 700 cals, perhaps even up to 800. There was a lot of fruit and the soup had oil in it, plus the cheese, olives and dressing.

Dinner was light: salad with college friend, Myrna Perez. Salad = romaine, five kalamata olives, 1 hard boiled egg (finally some protein!), green peppers, cucumbers, and red wine vinegar. Entire salad was probably 150, if that. Two glasses of red wine (200). Had to get a little resveratrol on a Friday night. We had a great time... she had to get up at 4 am to catch a plane, so we just hung out in the living room and danced to old eighties music. Just like clubbing, except cheaper and without the sleazy guys hitting on one.

This am, I went to wine store to pick up the bottle of wine that my high school boyfriend, the organist turned wine expert, bought me for my 30th. It's an extremely nice bottle, so I will be drinking it on a very special occasion. The guys at the wine store know all about CR, and they are happy that I'm fitting a little resveratrol in non-pill form into my diet.

Then I went to the Farmers' Market and got some cute, cuddly veggies to cook for company tonight. Tonight's dinner will be: giant romaine salad with green pepper, yellow Jersey tomatoes, arugula, green peppers, kalamata olives, and scallions topped with champagne walnut vinegar (birthday present!) and lemon thyme olive oil (also birthday present). On the side will be this yummy apple salsa made fresh from NJ apples, only 160 cals in the entire jar, that I plan to serve with celery sticks for dipping. Needless to say, tonight's guest is CR friendly. Today might be low on calories, as yesterday was up to 1150. Woke up this morning feeling great... sunrise stress improved at least for now. Am very glad for CR inspired Zen feeling that helps me get through everything. I think it's my version of the "emotional deadening" that many report. I feel not dead at all, but more alive, calmer, less anxious, cheerful, less self-centered.

At work now... have some things to do of course as always working weekend. Planned badly and ended up trapped in office with only egg, so ate egg. 70 cals, 7 grams of protein. That's all so far today. Will probably make eggwhite omlet upon return home. More protein, more excuses to use my omlet pan. If not enough protein, will drink whey shake. Finally found a straw. That should make the medicine go down easy.

Where is my software? It's still not here. It's like some sort of joke in which I am the punchline. Why did the redhead fly to California? To get her nutritional software! So it's not funny, but neither is trying to guess what nutrients you're missing everyday!


1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    where is everyone? hate to be clingy but
    is it just you and i now? first mary disappears
    in camping ethers, now willie? if you all have
    come to calif to track down your software,
    at least please come by my place for lunch!!!

    otherwise i may resort to death by chocolate.

    just kidding. hope everyone's having fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home