April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, August 06, 2004

No Whey Today

Well, at least not yet.

Another super stressful morning. I'm glad I ate a whole lot over the weekend because this super stressful stuff is going to lower my averages, I fear. Not that there's anything wrong with lowering my averages, but remember last week we were concerned that I had lost five pounds in two weeks and that's too fast. So anyway... at least I'm eating good food when I eat. Got up to 41 grams of protein yesterday in spite of the very low total number of cals. What wasn't protein was veggies, except for the skim milk in the whey shake and the cottage cheese. Yesterday had almost no fat, it was in some ways a throw back to my lowfat days, except that it also contained very few non-veggie carbs. In the old days I would eat tons of rice, pasta, bagels, etc. As some of our new readers who were around during the Vegan Potluck Days will recall.

Haven't eaten anything yet today so there's not much to report. I still have some nice mega veg soup (I overuse the word "nice" in reference to my food, don't I?) so I can eat that later. Dinner planned with college friend for tonight, maybe we can get a nice salad. Nice salad, college friend?

It's amazing how I can get this much text out of eating nothing at all. I've not been much of a morning eater in recent years (except for that stretch when I ate a Dunkin Donuts bagel with cream cheese every morning... ugh, aging in a tacky wrapper.) So don't get alarmed or freaked out. I may even be able to hit a good salad bar for lunch, that would be, you guessed it, very nice.

Is everyone missing Mary as much as I am? I tune in to www.crdiary.blogspot.com every day, just in case she found a way to post from vacation. I can't wait to hear how it went when she gets back. And of course, I am reading Willie and Fruitgirl everyday. Willie, your food pictures are beautiful! You and Tim should have an art show! And I love Fruitgirl's poetic style. I think it's cool how we are all so different, and yet we're doing the same basic thing. For our new readers, Willie is at www.croning.blogspot.com, and Fruitgirl is www.croncrone.blogspot.com. Check them out too!


Gottta go deal with more stress producing situations. You guys really keep me going... even though, for the most part, I have no idea who you are!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Need a Thesaurus?

    Words for food and words for college friend?

    Love your blog. I can see why you wouldn't want to have the same fond words for food and for friends. Your friends might fear that you could get too hungry when they are around. Not to make too fine a point of it and get into subtle distinctions of a se*ual nature. But this is Friday--date night. I'd suggest precious friend and yummy food-- very Southern. Have a "nice" dinner. Bring home some "precious" leftovers. Ooops. I did it too.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    hey! not to be nosy cr'ing, but whassup with all the
    sunrise stress? no ya don't have to tell, but hope it
    goes away soon. you're still the bd girl and deserve to enjoy life and your nutrient dense gorgeous food.

    much appreciation for the protein support and the blog
    plug. altho i have alot less excitement to report than you and our awesome willie. you two are the best.

    why can't we find other cr blogs? will mary ever come
    home?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home