April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Yea Spinich!

There was a big salad bar at the buffet restaurant where I had my meeting, and it had a gorgeous, giant bowl of fresh spinich! I love spinich so much, and it's such a pain to wash at home. So I had a big pile of spinich topped with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and red wine vinegar. I even put artichoke heart pieces on it, though I had a moment when I realized that they were packed in oil instead of water when I almost didn't. But since I haven't planned much fat into my diet for today I thought I should go ahead.

I love spinich.

So far today:

whey shake (skim milk, whey powder, and ice cube) 160 cals, 28 g protein

1 cup eggwhites, scrambled in a non-stick pan and tupperwared for delicious mid-morning consumption. 140 cals, 27 g protein

spinich, tomatoes, cucumber, red wine vinegar, artichokes: not sure on this... probably about 50 on the greens and veggies plus maybe 60 in the oil of the small pieces of artichoke heart I ate, so let's call it 110 (though I may be overcounting... I've been warned that I may overcount my salads)

black bean and tomatillo creation of amazing fabulousness: 250 cals, 12.5 g protein.

660 cals, 67 g protein.

Eggwhites and you. Perfect together. I have found the protein love of my life. And I even like the taste of it. And seriously, someone should make a video of me drinking the whey shake in one continuous slurp while measuring, scrambling, salting, peppering, and tupperwaring an eggwhite scramble.

I have a kiwi at home to play with tonight. Still lots of calories left before I hit my goal of 1000. And I'm pretty much there on protein for the day. I love you eggwhites! Thank you all for all your imput in helping me reach this momentous day! From now on, August 9th will be celebrated as National Eggwhite Day.

Now about eating more fat...




3 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Riley said…

    Wow, you are dedicated to this diet. That's the hardest part for my weight loss, working out is easy, it's not eating what I want that's hard. Keep it up!

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger Willie said…

    Wow, girl! That's the way it is! You are really committed to protein issue, and you are starting to eat more protein than Felix The Cat, ha, ha, ha...

    1000 it's a good aim. And remember, don't go above 35% of energy from protein! So, 350 kcal, and that would be a maximum of 90 grams for protein. I don't know how much are you weighting now, but sure 90 grams it's more than 1.5 grams of protein per kg of your body weight!

    Keep on this way! We are reading you and on your side!

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An A for Spinach? How do you spell it? I'm not sure. I'd rather eat it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home