April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Garnish: It's What's For Lunch

I was told that there would be salad at lunch.

There was not.

I went to the Board of Directors' meeting in Carlisle, PA... a friend of our office administrator was supposed to be catering the event. She had said there would be salad, no dressing, for VLC and me. There was not. By the time I got to the lunch, there were ham and cheese sandwiches, a plate of lettuce and tomato, and a big fruit salad. So I took some lettuce and tomato, put a tiny bit of mustard on them, and ate a fruit salad bowl.

Luckily, I had packed my grape nuts 200 cal baggie and eaten them at around 9:30 am, so I wasn't starving. And I had eaten my eggwhites for breakfast, so I had a little protein in me. The fruit was around 200 calories, and I figure I hadn't eaten fruit in awhile, so it was probably okay. But by the time I got home, I was dying for my yogurt, cucumber and red pepper creation, 200 cals even. I ate that, plus a pint of grape tomatoes (90 cals) and sat on the balcony drinking two glasses of red wine with some friends who came over. 1000 even for the day, if I'm guessing right on the total cals in the fruit + lettuce and tomato slices.

Problems with today: too high carb, too low fat. Protein not too bad, though would have been better had I worked my skim milk in. I was thrown off by the fruit, but I just won't eat any fruits for a few days. The calcium is really improved by the yogurt, the iron gets fixed by the grape nuts. Still a touch low on copper. Must eat some pennies. Two glasses of red wine instead of one... too much high carb, but very fun to hang out with friends on the balcony for the first time. It was a gorgeous day here too.

All in all, hitting 1000 calories even, though it was too high carb and too low fat, isn't all that bad. And I feel satisfied... not the slightest bit hungry.

More fat tomorrow. I'm done with food for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home