April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Still Full From the Pizza, I Guess

Today has been a light day in terms of food. I wasn't hungry for breakfast (what else is new?) and was so busy running around unloading cars that I didn't eat. Ran home to meet Patty at my apartment for the drive to Scranton, and ate a quick bite, just yogurt with garlic powder and salt, no time to chop red pepper or juice lemon. 120 cals on that, but some good protein and calcium. Drove to Scranton, did quick event, drove home. Ate about an ounce of cheese in the car that Patty had packed with her... it was very yummy. About 1 ounce, 114 calories and 7.1 g protein, according to DWIDP. Got home and had invited Patty and her husband for dinner, but she wasn't feeling well so she declined. Was finally hungry so scrambled up my usual cup of eggwhites (140) and ate with a pint of grape tomatoes (90) and a little salad of spinach (about 20) covered with 1 tablespoon olive oil (120), lemon flavored kind, plus some red wine vinegar (0). All very good. That's 604 so far for the day, and it's late so aside from my little glass of red wine, with which I will probably settle down when I go back home, I may not eat anything else. Some days I'm hungry... some days I'm not. As I've said before, I hate to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry, so I usually don't.

Tomorrow will be another day of running hither and thither, and I'm hoping that if I don't eat much tonight I'll be hungry for my eggwhites for breakfast. Then I'll tupperware up some yogurt red pepper treat, and perhaps some veggies. I have broccoli, carrots and something else but I forget what at home. I could stir fry a nice veggie dish with some oil in the wok and tupperware it for tomorrow. I have to be at an event at 12 noon that's about an hour away, so I suspect I'll eat a tiny snack beforehand and then eat more late in the afternoon. Tomorrow night, I'm going to a political fundraiser cocktail party, so that will probably provide my glass of red wine and hopefully some vegetable trays. Note that there's never a line at the vegetable tray the way there is at the junk-wrapped-in-bacon station. The only people fighting over the veggies are me and VLC, and we know that there are enough vegetables on the tray that we can each have exactly the ones we want without ever fighting. Nothing more embarassing than watching two skinny girls fight over a carrot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home