April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Back On Track

Though I skipped breakfast this morning (very bad!) I did get right back on track with lunch.

1 cup regular cottage cheese
12 olives
salad with romaine, grape tomatoes, red onions, beets, balsamic vinegar
small dish of strawberries, honeydew and canteloupe
iced latte with skim

DWIDP is saying 458 calories so far today. 37 g protein so far, P:F:C 32:32:36

Feeling much better now. Tonight I am having CR-friendly dinner company and making some combination of eggplant, broccoli, brewers yeast, chicken broth, crushed tomatoes and red peppers. I'm guessing that the eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers will go into an Italian like stew and that the broccoli will go into the broth and brewers yeast for a light soup. My DWIDP is telling me that if I throw 100 calories of walnuts on top of that (which isn't much in the way of nuts) that I'll hit 961 calories, including my with dinner glass of red wine (Walford sized pour) and be over 100% on all RDA's except for the usual suspects: Calcium = 77%; Iron = 65%; Zinc = 45%. I am a lot less worried about those shortfalls now that I am taking a not terrible basic multivitamin that MR doesn't think will kill me. (hint: it's not Hello Kitty anymore.) So take that negative ones! I can get almost perfect nutrition in 961 calories, and feel great! Poptarts be damned! Oh, and check this out: 28:27:45.

I feel so much better today. I actually ate lunch out at a place with a good salad bar, so I was able to get good stuff even though out. I am very excited about my brewers yeast soup tonight. My CR friendly dinner guest is also a fan of the magic food, so I'm sure my soup will be well received, no matter what else I put in it.

Tomorrow I'm technically off from work, and I'm having company for both lunch and dinner. I'm excited. I love to cook so much. It's my favorite activity, other than raising money for the Mouse. I wonder if there is a way to combine the two... Mouse Dinner Party, $1000 a person? Three Hundred members get in free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home