April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, December 20, 2004

You Might Find Less Criticism If You Didn't Triumph Over Your Size at Ann Taylor.

I want to reproduce this comment so everyone can easily see what I'm talking about:

I appreciate your diary, but have also wondered if you are anorexic.Certainly it's none of my business. But you might find less criticism if you didn't triumph over your size at Ann Taylor. I'd be excited too, but it does sound like you're more about the bones than the lifespan. Also, your calories seem almost impossibly low to achieve CRON. But again, to each thier own. Just thought I'd explain some of the perception.Good luck to you.

I'm sure I might find less criticism if I didn't triumph over my size at AnnTaylor. And why is that? Because women actually liking their bodies is something that is just not acceptable in our culture! What you don't seem to get is that unlike an anorexic, who thinks she's fat no matter what the obvious reality is, I am actually happy with my body! One of the side effects of CR is weight loss, and as I have often mentioned, to this point this has been a positive side effect for me. I also talk at length about the other positive side effects: relief from anxiety, never getting sick, needing less sleep, enjoying my food more. Making tons of new and fabulous friends (does that count as a side effect?) You're right that I would get less criticism if I were just as miserable and unhappy with my body as most American women are. Certainly almost all of my friends are unhappy with their bodies. If you knew anything about anorexia, even the most basic thing, you would realize that the fact that I am happy with how I look is evidence that I am, in fact, NOT anorexic. 1100 on average is certainly not too low for CRON. It's what Mary averages www.crdiary.blogspot.com. Some of the people in the world who know the most about CR read my blog frequently, so you can rest assured that I will be quickly informed if I am having nutritional problems.

Luckily, tomorrow I am meeting up with my photographer buddy and will soon have some pics to post, and you will see that you have nothing to worry about in terms of me being skin and bones. As of late, I've eaten well over 1100 -- all this holiday silliness. Today I had the delicious dinner I blogged about, then went over to my mom's to check my email and ended up eating a bunch of bread with hummus and some juju bees. Ugh -- more junkie carbs! Of course, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling anxious -- eating tons of junkie carbs really messes with my sleep.

My mom gave me some eggwhites so I can start out tomorrow right with an eggwhite scramble. She also picked up some really interesting looking salsa verde, Goya brand (product placement!) that I can put on it. Then I'm making my favorite old yogurt concoction with a ridiculously expensive red pepper -- veggies are crazy expensive with that hurricane and all. I'm also going to bring brewers yeast soup to work (with veggies: broccoli, carrot, cauliflower.) I'm going to go very high on protein for a few days because I think that will help me get back on track after all this roller coaster carb holiday eating. Protein is like medicine for me -- the effects it has on my mood are just fascinating. I've been eating too late at night, and that messes with my sleep. So if I can go back to starting my day right with high protein breakfast, and getting all my calcium with my really good yogurt concoction and a skim latte at some point in the day, I'll be much improved. And of course the miracle of brewers yeast.

I'm having dinner with my photographer buddy tomorrow, and we're going to one of my favorite brewpubs (Manyunk Brewing Co. -- product placement!) so I'll have to save some calories for a beer. One of the common misperceptions about CR is that you have to "give up" this food or that food. You don't have to give up anything: you just have to figure out how to get all your nutrition in a smaller number of calories. And most of us average over the course of the week, which makes it much easier. I may have to average over the course of the month this month, since the early part of the month was stress-induced low appetite and the end of the month has been holiday party after holiday party.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger patti said…

    Your blog is quite interesting and entertaining. I am very interested in following your menu ideas after I have my baby. After my last child, I was on my own "CR" diet - not on purpose, I was just too busy to make elaborate meals. I lost a ton of weight and felt great!(I made sure that my tiny meals were full of nutrition)Thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home