April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Bridget Jones Lives Forever

or dies trying.

Tonight I went out with my father and step-mother to see the Bridget Jones movie. I had never seen the first one, but I have read both the books as well as Helen Fielding's other novels, and I am a huge fan. The movie was very funny. VF, that is. It made me think about how much my writing has been influenced by Fielding. While at the Conference, I read her first novel, about a woman who accidentally becomes a fundraiser after going to work at a refugee camp in Africa where people will starve to death if she doesn't find some serious funding. It's a great book called "Cause Celebre." I highly suggest you all go out and get it.

Today was a serious overeating day. Family Christmas luncheon, with the most highly caloric item I have seen in awhile: quiche. I stirred in a whole bag of cheese, at my father's request. My father made quiche, my step-mother made asparagus and a cranberry cobbler. Waldorf-Astoria holiday cake for dessert. Bloody Mary's and wine. I have no idea how many calories I ate, but I'd guess at least 2000. Of course I feel odd and confused now... but tomorrow I fly home and will be back to my regular food. I tend to naturally balance out these days ... after a few days of heavy eating, I am just not hungry for awhile. Like a snake. I eat a big mouse, then I need not hunt for mice for a few days.

My lack of sleep has finally caught up with me, and I took a nap this afternoon after the lunch company left. Now I'm up finishing a few things before I go to bed again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home