April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Doesn't Seem Right That We'd Fight So the Party Runs On All Night

Another line from "Last Chance on the Stairway."

I went to a great party last night... my father and step-mother started a group of friends, mostly from their church, who meet once a month to do wine tasting and listen to classical music. Every December, they have a Champagne Night, and everyone dresses up in fancy clothes and brings champagne. The food was amazing... no idea on my calorie total, but it was way up there. I'm not at all worried about that, since the holiday eating is making up for the stress-induced lack of appetite of earlier this month. The champagne was fantastic, and I also got to sample some interesting port-like reds that the host got out of his new wine cellar. The only problem with the party was that it went on quite late, and since I have been barely sleeping at all, I was quite tired. Sometimes I long for the days when I could go to an upstairs bedroom during a grown-up party, take a nap, and then expect my parents to pick me up and put me in the car when it was all over. While I am now light enough to be easily carried, as an adult, you're expected to walk.

I was running like a madwoman trying to get both work and other tasks done before leaving, so I ate no breakfast yesterday, and settled for a tuna sandwich at the airport. The major calories were all consumed at night.

Today is my family Christmas with my father's side of the family. Step-brother and sister in law are coming with their baby, and my grandparents are driving in from where they live in the next town over. We're having brunch instead of dinner because my grandfather no longer likes to drive at night. I apprecite that, as I'd like to devote some time tonight to some important tasks that you will hear about soon.

Come Monday I should be able to get back to my DWIDP and post my calorie totals and nutrition breakdown again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home