April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Tuna Fish Salad

Wow, that's an exciting blog headline.

Trust me, things are about to get much more exciting. But for now:

My flight was delayed so I ate a tuna fish salad in the airport. Now I am finally home, the weather is rainy, and I am about to curl up in bed with my cat and a book to take a short break before cooking dinner for my mom and then getting back to work on various projects.

Dinner will be:

eggplant, garlic, asparagus, red pepper, sauteed in red wine and mixed with pureed tomatoes, served over eggwhites, 1 cup per person, scrambled. This is an excellent dish. I season it with oregano and maybe some leaves from my mother's rosemary trees. She calls them Rose and Mary and has decorated them for Christmas. They're cute, yet edible. The best of all possible worlds, really.

I'm cooking lowfat tonight because I have had so much fat in the last few days, I feel like I need a little break from it. No doubt that is the most nonsensical thing you have ever read, but to me it makes sense. What I really need a break from is junkie carbs. I realized that I've been neglecting my protein while on the road, and it makes me so much hungrier! I can't wait to get some eggwhites. I've had my adventure back into high carb hell, I've felt crappy enough to know how stupid it is to eat like that, and now I'm coming home to my happy eggwhites. You really should try the eggwhites topped with veggies and tomato sauce dish, it is amazing.

More tonight, but late. Probably like 3 am.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home