April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Doing Christmas Right This Year

You should know that I absolutely hate almost all Christmas music. In fact, the thing I look forward to most about the holiday season is December 26, when the radio stations go back to playing regular music after the season of tacky Christmas music.

However, there is one Christmas song I like. It's the one by "The Waitresses" about the girl who's had this crazy year and decides to do Christmas by herself instead of running around to a million parties. I heard it this morning on my way into the office, and thought, yes, that is how I feel this year.

I am actually cooking with my mother, so it's not entirely doing Christmas alone, but my crazy holiday responsibilities seem to be ending. At least until my New Year's Eve Party, but that will be a low tech extravaganza, requiring no travel on my part.

Tonight's Christmas dinner will include:

-- free range organic turkey that my mom has cooked
-- a Christmas tradition in my family: green peppers stuffed with tomato, basil and feta, cooked in white wine for 45 minutes in the oven
-- broccoli steamed with lemon pepper
-- a low sugar baked apple dessert that I will probably throw some maple syrup and walnuts into
-- my mom is planning to do something with sweet potatoes

Last night's dinner went well: instead of putting the eggplant tomato red pepper sauce over spinach, I ate mine in a bowl and served it to my non-CR'd guest over spinich pasta. My calories for the day are coming out to 1122, with an odd 76% on Vitamin A, which I am usually very high on. The only dairy I had was a skim milk latte, so my calcium was at 57%. Iron 68%, Zinc 50%. Everything else above 100%. That's the brewers yeast and broth talking... had that in the afternoon. P:F:C 26:30:34. High carb due to some seseme crackers that I found lying around my office and ate in the afternoon... bad choice, but not a disaster.

Today should be a very good day. I'm off to the store to buy the Christmas dinner fixings!


3 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No cranberries?

    Cheers A

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cranberries tomorrow. One of my favorite desserts
    these healthy days is made of pumpkin, fresh cranberries, and pineapple in its own juice. Great for breakfast too when mixed with steel-cut oats. Yumm.
    April's mom-- Marti

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you're 100% happy with your weight, does that mean you won't be losing anymore?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home