April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Do You Ever Just Feel Like Going Out in the Field and Grazing?

That's what a co-worker said to me after lunch when I was raving about my love of arugula.

I replied, "Do you ever feel like just biting the head off a live chicken?"

The conversation quickly devolved into a discussion of free range chocolate Easter Bunnies.

Meanwhile, I had a slight change of food plan because I had to run out to do a work errand, so I met the work gang at the cafeteria. VLC took my lunch downstairs, and I didn't want to burden her with microwaving the tomato tofu, so I just asked her to bring down my salad, dressing (with five olives in it) and a cottage cheese. I had eaten my eggwhite scramble on schedule at 11 ish, so I was pretty hungry by 1:15. The total was right around 65 for the salad, including 45 on the olives, since it was just arugula and romaine with a few scallions. The lowfat cottage cheese was 90 cals with 11 g protein. So I am up to 455 calories so far today and 67 g of protein. Not bad! Tonight I will definitely have something cruciferous and perhaps a tomato. I think the tofu will wait till tomorrow since I'm already at protein goal and I don't want to go over cals again after last night's pretzel disaster.

A warm welcome to all of our new readers out there! Thanks for checking in! If you have some questions, check out
www.crsociety.org. There's lots of great info there, and you can also check out the webpage for the CRS conference I'm going to in November!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home